Update on half price cat adoption campaign
Thank you to everyone who has helped rescue a cat or kitten during our adoption campaign. Over 200 cats and kittens have now found new homes. This fantastic result means we currently have a limited number of cats and kittens available for adoption.
There are around 250 cats and kittens out in temporary foster homes who are recovering from cat flu or are too young for adoption. Over the next 6 weeks these cats and kittens will be coming back to SPCA Auckland and will be available for adoption.
However, we would recommend calling us on 256 7300 before you visit to check how many cats are available. If you do not find your new family member when you first visit, please rest assured that more will be coming available each day..
Why adopt from the SPCA?
- You will rescue a cat or kitten in need
- Your cat will be vet checked, vaccinated, de-sexed, micro-chipped, wormed and flead
- The cost of adoption goes to saving other animals in need
Responsible pet ownership
The SPCA does not encourage people to give pets as Christmas presents. Cats and kittens are for life, not just for Christmas. They will need a lifetime's worth of care, love and attention. You should be able to care for them over holiday breaks, have savings available for food, toys and unexpected vet bills and emergencies.
But if you are ready to adopt, come in and meet your forever pet!
How much does it cost?
Kitten (up to 6 months)
|Cat (6 months - 7 years)
|Senior Cat (over 7 years)
* Half price until 12 January 2014. No rainchecks or holds on cats or kittens. Prices apply to the stated dates only.
If you can't adopt, please consider fostering
We're so short of space that we're desperately seeking short-term foster homes for cats and kittens. If you think you can help out then please:
- Call our Foster Team on (09) 256 7300 ext 825
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more on our website at: SPCA Fostering.
SPREAD THE WORD
Visit our Facebook page to "like" the post and share the news. Visit www.facebook.com/spcafriends