Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Experienced Vet Nurse
Full time, Fixed Term 7 months during our busy summer months
Small animal vet nurse
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Our dedicated team of Vet Nurses provide professional support to our hospital vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
You will be required to work some weekends and public holidays on a roster basis.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you. Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Laura van der Kley, Head Nurse at: firstname.lastname@example.org
. A copy of the position description will be forwarded on request.
SPCA Auckland Inspectorate Coordinator
Full time, permanent role
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Servicing those regions by attending to animal cruelty complaints, advocating for animal justice and helping those animals in need, are our heroes, our group of SPCA Auckland Animal Welfare Inspectors.
We are seeking a confident and exceptional person who can help our busy inspectorate team by managing the effective coordination of all animal welfare complaints and support the effective operation of our busy response teams . You will draw on your previous coordination experience to implement logistical and operational support for our Inspectorate team, including the development of best practice policies, procedures and training.
This is what we are looking for:
Knowledge and Experience
- • Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations, warranted as an Inspector or tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- • Knowledge and understanding of compliance activities within an operational environment.
- • Management and leadership experience, especially call centre complaint and incident response operations
- • Experience in the review and development of systems, processes and databases to support operational activity
Skills & Abilities
- • Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – statistics and data analysis, report writing, systems
- • Excellent inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- • Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage team development
If this is the role for you and you're committed to the values of SPCA Auckland, apply today!
Please send your complete application to Amy Ewles, Executive Assistant at
. A copy of the position description is available on request.
Applications close Friday 17 October 2014.
Annual Appeal Area Coordinator - Volunteer position
- - Fantastic chance to gain experience in fundraising and events - show off your strong administrative skills
- - Help make a difference in the lives of Auckland’s animals
Do you love events? Have strong organisational and administrative skills? Are you looking for a way to gain some experience, have fun and help the SPCA Auckland save lives?
SPCA Auckland is looking for volunteers to assist in the organisation of their Annual Street Appeal. The Annual Appeal is a critical fundraising event and your role will be a pivotal one. Area coordinators help the Marketing and Fundraising team by managing areas of Auckland during the Annual Street Appeal which will be held on 7th, 8th & 9th of November.
Area coordinators are responsible for:
- - Creating a roster for collection to ensure their areas are covered. We can provide a template for creating the roster.
- - Keeping in contact and providing instruction to the volunteer collectors in your area in the lead up to the appeal.
- - During the Street Appeal you are the first point of contact for volunteers in case of any problems and need to visit the sites in their area to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- - Area coordinators are also responsible for the banking of the money collected in their area. Banking bags are provided to make the process easy.
- - Helping us in promoting the 2014 Annual Appeal by encouraging more people/ businesses to sign up as volunteers and become involved. This includes reaching out to your networks to ask people to get involved.
- - After the street appeal Area Coordinators are a point of collection for buckets, bibs, stickers, and unused charity banking bags.
You will have sound administration experience. Super-efficient, organised and a whiz multi-tasker, you can see yourself taking this opportunity and running with it.
Although this is a voluntary position, travel expenses will be compensated and we will be happy to provide references afterwards.
This is an opportunity not to be missed to gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector and make a real difference in the lives of Auckland’s animals.
Do you have excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare? Then we may have the job for you. The Auckland SPCA has a new part time position available as a team member of our very busy Canine team.
The position is 32 hours a week and the hours are 7.30am & 4.30pm including weekends and public holidays and flexibility in regard to days of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
- • Assisting with incoming dogs & general caring for dogs in the village
- • Dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of dogs in person, via phone or website
- • Co coordinating volunteers working in the Canine areas
- • Monitoring animal health, behaviour, training and administering medication
- • Working with other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
To be successful in your application you need to have the following values and skills:
- • Strong experience in working with or handling dogs
- • Excellent customer service and people skills
- • A sense of humour
- • Integrity (honesty, responsibility, trust and professionalism)
- • Commitment and passion
- • Compassion
- • The ability to work under pressure
- • A realistic approach
- • Be a team player with initiative
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- • Good computer skills
Are you committed to the values of SPCA Auckland? Would you like to make a difference? Then apply today! Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Tracy Dunn, Animal Services Manager at email@example.com , or post to:
Animal Services Manager
P O Box 43 221
A copy of the position description is available on request.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 October 2014.