Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Canine Attendant Position
Do you have excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare? Then we may have the job for you. The Auckland SPCA has a new full time position available as a member of our very busy Canine team.
The position is 40 hours a week working a rotating roster. The hours are 7.30am – 4.30pm including weekends and public holidays and flexibility in regard to days of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, physical and challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with incoming dogs & general caring for dogs in the village
- Dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of dogs in person, via phone or website
- Co coordinating volunteers working in the Canine areas
- Monitoring animal health, behaviour, training and administering medication
- Working with other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
To be successful in your application you need to have the following values and skills:
• A sense of humour, and good customer service skills
• Strong experience in working with or handling dogs
• Integrity (honesty, responsibility, trust and professionalism)
• Commitment and passion
• The ability to work under pressure
• A realistic approach
• Be a team player with initiative
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Good computer skills
If you are the person we are looking for please forward your CV, Application for Employment form and a covering letter to email@example.com or post to:
Canine Team Leader
P O Box 43 221
Applications close Friday 20th December 2013