Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator
• Always wanted to work for SPCA?
• Use your skills to make a real difference for animals in need
• Grow your marketing skills in a small and supportive team
SPCA Auckland has been protecting Auckland’s animals for 130 years. As a charity we depend on the generous support of the community to continue the essential rescue work we do. We receive no automatic government funding, yet without the SPCA there would be thousands of animals left in need with no-one to care for them.
We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator to join our team based in Mangere. This newly created role will work with the Marketing and Fundraising Manager across all aspects of marketing and fundraising for SPCA Auckland. This is a diverse and interesting role with the opportunity to learn and grow your skills across many different areas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organization which is making a real difference for animals. It will suit a marketing or communications graduate with several years experience who is looking to further develop their skills within a high performing, yet supportive and friendly team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, have excellent copywriting skills, be highly organized, analytical and have great customer service skills. If this sounds like you then read on.
In this role, you will assist the team to:
• Develop and implement communications material and promotional campaigns using email, web, flyers and advertisements
• Maintain positive donor relationships and assist with the donor stewardship process
• Liaise with external mail houses, printers and suppliers as required
• Monitor and track success of email and direct mail campaigns
• Assist with online traffic generation strategies and campaigns
• Increase retention rates of regular donors through monthly telemarketing to donors
• Assist with strategies to grow and maintain Facebook supporters
• A Degree qualification in marketing or communications
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a marketing role
• Proven success in copywriting
• Strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with people in all sectors of the community
• Results orientated with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• A well organised and planned approach to work
• Sound computer skills including the ability to analyse data, use or quickly learn email and website software and database reporting packages
• Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence.
This role requires some flexibility to work outside business hours approximately twice a month, so flexibility and own transport is a must.
We are a small and friendly team who love to achieve great things for Auckland’s animals. If you’d like to use your skills to really make a difference, please send a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator on your application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Download the job description here