Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Experienced Vet Nurse
Full time, Fixed Term 7 months during our busy summer months
Small animal vet nurse
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Our dedicated team of Vet Nurses provide professional support to our hospital vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
You will be required to work some weekends and public holidays on a roster basis.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you. Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Laura van der Kley, Head Nurse at: firstname.lastname@example.org
. A copy of the position description will be forwarded on request.
Annual Appeal Area Coordinator - Volunteer position
- - Fantastic chance to gain experience in fundraising and events - show off your strong administrative skills
- - Help make a difference in the lives of Auckland’s animals
Do you love events? Have strong organisational and administrative skills? Are you looking for a way to gain some experience, have fun and help the SPCA Auckland save lives?
SPCA Auckland is looking for volunteers to assist in the organisation of their Annual Street Appeal. The Annual Appeal is a critical fundraising event and your role will be a pivotal one. Area coordinators help the Marketing and Fundraising team by managing areas of Auckland during the Annual Street Appeal which will be held on 7th, 8th & 9th of November.
Area coordinators are responsible for:
- - Creating a roster for collection to ensure their areas are covered. We can provide a template for creating the roster.
- - Keeping in contact and providing instruction to the volunteer collectors in your area in the lead up to the appeal.
- - During the Street Appeal you are the first point of contact for volunteers in case of any problems and need to visit the sites in their area to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- - Area coordinators are also responsible for the banking of the money collected in their area. Banking bags are provided to make the process easy.
- - Helping us in promoting the 2014 Annual Appeal by encouraging more people/ businesses to sign up as volunteers and become involved. This includes reaching out to your networks to ask people to get involved.
- - After the street appeal Area Coordinators are a point of collection for buckets, bibs, stickers, and unused charity banking bags.
You will have sound administration experience. Super-efficient, organised and a whiz multi-tasker, you can see yourself taking this opportunity and running with it.
Although this is a voluntary position, travel expenses will be compensated and we will be happy to provide references afterwards.
This is an opportunity not to be missed to gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector and make a real difference in the lives of Auckland’s animals.