Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Canine Team Leader
Full time, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
About the role:
• Providing strong and consistent leadership to a positive, well-functioning team
• Completion of 3 monthly rotating rosters
• Supervising staff and volunteer training
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the welfare needs of animals are met in accordance with SPCA policies and in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 1999
• Working closely with our Hospital and Inspectorate teams to ensure the best outcomes for canines at the villgae
• Providing canine care information to our customers and adoptees
• Managing all aspects of Health and Safety within the team and working environment
• Overseeing canine temperament assessments and providing ongoing development in this area
• Supervising daily care and welfare of animals seized under the Animal Welfare Act
• Working closely with external agencies including other SPCA shelters, Animal Control or other community based agencies
• Working with team members to achieve positive and successful canine outcomes and adoptions
The ideal qualifications for this role are:
• Strong customer service skills
• A good level of computer / data entry competency
• Strong leadership, motivational and supervisory skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A strong knowledge of canine behaviour, canine handling and training skills
• Be a team player
• Strong organisational and time management skills
Are you committed to the values of SPCA Auckland? Would you like to make a difference? Then apply today! Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Tracy Dunn, Animal Services Manager at email@example.com
. A copy of the position description can be found here
Applications close Friday 3 October 2014.
SPCA Auckland Foster/Volunteer Coordinator
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
We are seeking the services of a confident professional individual with a passion for working with people and animals. Supporting our volunteers and offering a positive experience is a vital part of this role, along with developing training and improvement programmes. This person should ideally have experience in rostering, organizing large groups, and public speaking.
The successful applicant will be flexible and will thrive on daily challenges and deadlines. There is some animal handling involved, so a passion for animals and the SPCA values is essential.
• Recruiting volunteers / foster families
• Managing volunteer rosters
• Data entry
• Liaising with internal and external stake holders
• Supporting volunteers and foster families
Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional verbal and written communication style
• Experienced in Microsoft Office applications, database computer competency
• Recruitment experience preferable
• A flexible, professional with a pro-active team approach
• Must be passionate about working with people and animals
The hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm and may include some weekend and public holiday shifts.
If this is the role for you and you're committed to the values of SPCA Auckland, apply today!
Applications close Friday 26 September 2014.
Events Fundraising Assistant (8-10 Week Fixed Term)
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- 8 - 10 week fixed term contract, 37.5hrs p/w, flexible start and finish times
- Fantastic chance to gain experience in fundraising and events - show off your strong administrative skills
- Help make a difference to the lives of Auckland’s animals
Do you love events? Do you have strong organisational and administrative skills and experience? Are you looking for part time work with flexible hours?
SPCA Auckland is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join the Marketing and Fundraising team to assist in the organisation of their Annual Street Appeal. Your professional phone manner, eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills - not to mention your sense of humour - will be pivotal to the success of this critical fundraising event.
Supporting the Events & Community Fundraiser and the wider Fundraising team, the tight deadlines mean that it can be a demanding role at times; a hard-working and proactive person will thrive. This role is hugely relationship focused so it's important you enjoy building solid relationships with supporters and potential supporters.
You will have sound administration and customer service experience as well as initiative. You know when to listen and how to communicate effectively at all levels while working well as both part of a team and independently.
This is an opportunity not to be missed to gain valued events experience in the not for profit sector whilst making a real difference to the lives of Auckland’s animals.
Immediate start. Mangere location. Full, clean driving license and own vehicle are essential. You must be available for weekend work on the 7, 8 & 9 November.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris on (09) 256 2520 for more information.
Applications close Friday 19 September.